top of page

On this day
                        in Clarion County PA...

March 17,1916:   Passengers on Cunningham's Livery horse drawn sleigh,

"The Mayflower",  travelling west on Main Street in Clarion PA. 

In front of the The F L Crooks & Co. Building (since 1905) originally The Wilson Building.

Center building, The New Jones House, destroyed by fire in 1941. 

~Photo by Liberty Studio. From the CCHS Photo Collection~

© 2025 by The Clarion County Historical Society, a 501 c 3 non profit educational institution.

Unless otherwise indicated, all written content contained on this website is copyrighted exclusively

  by The Clarion County Historical Society.  All international rights reserved.

All material donated by others or located on-line is copyright vested in the owner(s). 

No copyright infringement is intended by the inclusion of Web-available information on this site

for the benefit of education and research, under fair use (17 U.S.C. § 107).

Website design & maintenance by Mary Lea Lucas                            Powered and secured by Wix

bottom of page